- Maintain progress and information generated during 2015
- Business plan competition
- Work on economic elements of resource use and conservation
- Support the San Juan County business community
- Work to improve business conditions in San Juan County and help to create jobs
- Business Support – continue one-on-one business counseling, offer linkage to other agencies, continue education series of small business classes. In 2016, work to retain businesses and to bring new, low-impact industry to San Juan County.
- Implement a county-wide business pulse survey.
- Implement a business plan competition.
- Continue San Juan Islands Made manufacturing marketing initiative.
- Increase educational programming for businesses
- Research and work to improve maritime industry
- Advocate for small business in San Juan County.
- Assist local governmental agencies to create and implement economic development policy
- Broadband – continue support of community broadband project, with OPALCO, San Juan Island Community Foundation, San Juan County government and other entities.
- Continue support of Leadership San Juan Islands.
- Agricultural Resource CommitteeWe work with the ARC on agricultural business issues, striving to strengthen the existing farmers and to remove hurdles for new farmers.
- Leadership San Juan IslandsThe EDC is proud to be one of the sponsors for this county wide, very successful leadership training program.
- San Juan Islands Visitors BureauWe work with the Visitors Bureau on Tourism related opportunities and impacts to the county economy. We are participating in the Visitors Bureau’s Scenic ByWay Grant project