Marine Tech Training program filled – check this page for future trades education opportunities!
Marine Tech Training
The San Juan County Economic Development Council (EDC) has received a grant from the Washington State Department of Commerce to provide FREE training in marine tech at Skagit Valley College’s Marine Center in Anacortes this spring, and then help to place trained and qualified workers in good jobs in local marine businesses.
Participants will receive almost three months of training including 14 credits + certification. Materials, instruction, standards exams, support, and transportation are all included FREE of charge. Training will include courses in electronics, marine gas engines, marine electrical, and outboard motors. The value of this instruction is over $1,700 per attendee – and you can participate for free.
The EDC thanks our partners in this initiative: Commerce, San Juan County, the Town of Friday Harbor, Skagit Valley College, the Port of Friday Harbor, Islanders Bank, the Northwest Workforce Council, Heritage Bank, and area marine businesses.
- Initiated and managed by San Juan County EDC
- Supports San Juan County maritime industry
- 18-20 participants
- Must be San Juan County residents
- Tuition, certification, materials, and textbooks paid by Commerce grant
- Post-training apprenticeships
- Program runs April 3rd through June 17th
- Must be able to commit to half-day courses + travel time to Anacortes, 5 days a week
- Transportation costs paid with local funds
3 cr. MT230 Marine Electronic, including the Basic Marine Electronics Installer Certification/standards
4 cr. MT142 Marine Gasoline Engines, including ABYC standards and Gas engine exam
4 cr. MT132 Marine Electrical I
3 cr. Outboard Motors